Click HERE for a printable copy of the following information.
TSCC Pastor Job Description & Duties
& Additional Information
Tulip Street Christian Church - Mitchell, Indiana
Tulip Street Christian Church (TSCC) is seeking a full-time Pastor to come alongside the church elders in leading and shepherding the church and casting vision for ministry in and around Mitchell, Indiana. Primary responsibilities include:
- Making sure that church members are cared for through personal contact, functional small groups, and other shepherding relationships.
- Overseeing the overall ministry of the church by developing and coordinating it’s leaders, volunteers, and ministry efforts in the church and in the community.
- Strengthening the church as the lead communicator through preaching, teaching, and being the voice of TSCC.
- Leading the way in providing opportunities for both followers of Christ and those who will be followers to Know God, Find Freedom, Discover Purpose, and Make a Difference.
- Guiding the day-to-day activities of the inner-life of the church by supervising and guiding the church staff.
- Mitchell is a town of 4,000 located in rural, south-central Indiana.
- TSCC is an independent Christian church established in 1954. Our pre-Covid weekly attendance was 120 and our current combined in-person and live streaming attendance is approximately 92 and is a balance of Mitchell residents and those from the surrounding area.
- On staff, we currently have a Student Pastor, Worship Leader and Worship Assistant, two part time office support staff members, and a part time custodian.
- Five men make up our current elder team. Our desire is to present the new Pastor for confirmation by the church as an elder after a period of evaluation.
- Our former Pastor left in early April 2021. Since then, the elder team has overseen the day-to-day operations and ministry, including Sunday services. “Sermon time” has been a mix of preaching/speaking by the team, guest speakers, or via video from other churches.
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Pastor Application”
with the following attachments:
- Your resume (including work history, qualifications, references, and letter of recommendation).
- A recent photo of you (and family if applicable).
- A one or two page statement on your philosophy of ministry
- A statement of beliefs
- A link to your preaching/teaching if available (audio is acceptable if no video is available).